June 01, 2005

Spanking Telemarketers #3.

After engaging in some deep, profound thinking, I've decided to give my tangential waltzing with telemarketers an official name: Spanking Telemarketers. I think it's an appropriate description of what I try to accomplish: verbally and psychologically spanking those who attempt to enforce upon me their notions of what it takes to achieve happiness in life. And they attempt to do this through the phone, no less! How cold! How impersonal! How very ripe for the spanking!

Today's contestants were Bernadette and Marcia. Or Michelle. I've forgotten already... how sad. They were both quite delightful to talk to, and I'm glad Bernie called back, because when I tried to capture my conversation with her last week, the phone battery died and I was left with 5 minutes of silence. I'm still tweaking the sound levels, volume gain, etc., but eventually these things will be up to par, so please bear with the poor quality at this point.

In the meantime, if you have about 5mb of free space and 10 minutes of time, you'll probably get a kick out of what you're about to hear. (And a painful kick, at that, my wife would say...)

(Just click on the graphic below to play.)

this is an audio post - click to play

6 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Great Job...
I am sure you will get on all types of black lists from the marketers soon.

BTW You gave your stakers lots of information.

8:52 AM  
Blogger jkp said...

Stakers? Are you a vampire?

Really, this was by far the funniest spanking yet!

When the supervisor came on (like she was going to show the neophyte just how a real professional makes the sale) and ended up trying to bait you with a possible trip to Las Vegas, even after explicitly stating that they don't offer trips to Las Vegas, well that was a riot!

More. More. More!!!!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

You know you've done good when THEY are the ones to end the call.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should tell you when I heard your first 'spanking' I was up at Kinkos and well... lets just say it had a few people laughing! I just love the in the icon! I hope you have that copyrighted!

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I forgot to type in 'face' in the last post. Or did IE6 mess up on me again. Oh wait! I'm not using IE6! Guess I don't have my browser to blame for all my typos anymore!

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure keep them earning their money! If you talk to them for hours on end and THEY end up closing th econversaton, you can save them from tormenting others!

Good job.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home